Friday, September 23, 2005

Combine PocketMod and GTD TiddlyWiki and the trials of the PPC phone

I would love it if there was a way to use GTD TiddlyWiki and have it make a custom pocketmod.
While I love the Hipster PDA
the pocketmod seems more efficient.
Can anyone work at linking them together?

Going from Digital to Analog to Hybrid Analog with Digital Universal Backup
I was using my PocketPC Phone PDA which was a wonderful toy. I always got oohs and aaaahhs, or man thats a big phone. But having a phone and pda combined seemed efficient and do to the crappy software on it for the Task syncing with outlook I used PocketInformant, A very impressive program for handling hundreds of tasks and in my mind the only way to handle tasks on the ppc platform (I love the filters). However, the PPC phone failed at being a PPC because it would always lockup or go slow with my 3500+ tasklist ( I am an entrepreneur + contract web developer so always have almost literally 100 projects going on at once ) . I spent more time fighting with a locking up slow going ppc phone that actually getting things done.

After breaking the screen on my ppc phone and after having done quite a bit of reading and research into David Allens GTD methodology I began thinking there has got to be an easier, less technical, more fluidly natural and organic way than grafitti'ing things into microsoft outlook. (although I tried the GTD Outlook plugin Im not quite ready for it until I filter my inbox and compile everything into 1 inbox which I am converting all my email into an IMAP account that I can syncronize on the road. I only wist I could have all my outlook tasks as emails)
It finally made sense that good old pen and paper works faster (so long as the papers dont get lost or disorganized ) than a slow PPC .

I can use the PocketMod for my 2,000 foot view and as Steven Covey does plan and plot out my week ahead and then print it out as a pocket mod and fold it up in my wallet. If I need to add things I have a blank task list and on my weekly review can pull them into outlook and re-print the next week. I also have an empty - On-the-fly pocketmod for thoughts ideas someday maybes, @Calls, @Emails, @groceries, or anything else that comes in quickly. Outlook saves me time by prioritizing so I dont have to re-write or even worse carry around 10 pocketmods... Although they would be about the same size and thickness as my Hipster PDA.

http://kenyob.blogspot.com/

No comments: